Driven by a great passion
Gianni Tessari was born in 1963 in Brognoligo, in the suburbs of Monteforte d’Alpone, province of Verona. It isn’t by chance that this is the Italian common with the highest density of grapevines.
Here he started helping working on the family vineyards since he was very young. Few hectares, all cultivated with Garganega. After graduating at the Agricultural Institute he started working at the winery, experimenting with what can’t be learned from a book: passion, curiosity, the will of discovering and reaching new goals.
At the beginning of the Eighties, he began an adventure with his brother which brought their Soaves around the markets of the whole world. These were years of great success for wine in Italy. Few people had understood that the road required quality with no compromise. And those few immediately found doors wide open.
So Gianni and his wines gathered awards and prizes of every kind. Just to mention one of them, 14 times the Tre Bicchieri, top award of Gambero Rosso.
quality with no compromise
In 2016, with the Società Agricola Giannitessari , a new challenge began: 55 hectares of vineyards distributed in three DOC (Roncà for the Lessini, Soave and Sarego for the Berici Hills), a modern cellar with about 7,000 meters and 350,000 bottles produced. These are the numbers of a reality that under Gianni Tessari, with the help of his wife Anna Maria and her daughters Valeria and Alice, combines years of success in the production of Durello Spumante Classic Method and in still wines, Soave before, all under the same signature.
In the GIANNITESSARI logo the small church of San Stefano in Brognoligo is represented. Established since the end of the 1200 and the bigining of the 1300, the church surmounts the village, becoming one of architectural symbols, with its fascinating romanic remains.
Particularly the bell tower, built in the 14th century, stands out with its elegant mullioned windows, in the bell area with pinnacle and cone internally made of earthenware tile.
Symbol and heart of Brognoligo also because for years it hosted the village’s nursery school: the building is the perfect image to describe the wines the soul of which is carved in the territory where they are produced.
A CAMPAIGN FINANCED ACCORDING TO EC REGULATION N. 1308/13